Whoa. What a weekend …
It’s Sunday. I’m sitting here in the Café at Kripalu in my yoga pants and tank top, hot, sticky and smiling. Full of energy. Happy. My little baby Luke peacefully sleeps in his stroller next to me.
I’ve just wrapped up a weekend retreat led by Mike Dooley, author of Notes from the Universe and the visionary behind tut.com. I’ve been subscribing to the Notes for years (if you don’t, do so now!) so when I saw him leading a retreat at Kripalu, 20 minutes from my home, I said “I’m going.” And I did.
Husband watched the kids Friday night, got a sitter on Saturday, and brought my little guy Luke today (he was a hit!). Made it happen. So glad I did.
The theme of the workshop was “Playing the Matrix to Get What You (Really) Want.” I’ve been to hundreds of workshops and this was one of the absolute best. The energy in the room was palpable. Big concepts, actionable tips. Mike spanned both sides of the coin.
I know many of my clients and readers are big fans of Mike … so here is a run-down of the big takeaways and how you can apply them to your life. Here we go …
The Dream of Life
Yes, we are living in a dream. What do you see? What do you want to see? If there’s a disconnect, YOU can change it. Remember this and believe it!!
Manifesting change in the dream of life …
- Define what you want in terms of the end result (not the HOWs).
- Take action.
While understanding …
- That the miracles of progress are usually invisible.
- We mustn’t insist on the specific details, “HOWs” or people.
Knowing What You REALLY Want
- You already know exactly what you want when you keep it general (example: to live abundantly, to be happy and surrounded by nature).
- When you keep it general, you shoot past your known objections.
- When your end results are general, you never have to: doubt, second guess or quit.
- Let your highest life priorities “for change” help you choose where to begin.
Getting Into the Details
- The details are visualized to get you excited about your end results, not to be your end results.
- There’s always more than ONE right answer, path, possibility, nuance, or answer – so insist upon none.
- When you insist on details, you exclude a virtually infinite number of better possibilities.
- The more general your end results, the faster and easier they’ll manifest.
“Baby steps spark miracles. Miracles do not spark baby steps. – The Universe”
- Taking action summons resources, emboldens beliefs, and avails you of life’s magic.
- For every step you take, the Universe takes 10,000. (LOVE THIS!)
- What you do is not as important as that you do it.
- By trying many paths, you automatically navigate around limiting beliefs.
- Never stop asking for help, trying new directions, responding to conditions, innovating, evolving.
- The more you enjoy and can afford what you do, the more exclusive it can become.
- Always consider your unique strengths, likes and preferences.
- If all of your options suck, choose the least sucky option and GO. Get moving. Action is the key, baby.
“It’s not just that when one door closes, another one opens. When one door closes, choirs burst into chorus, orchestras orchestrate, bugles bugle, marching bands march, dogs catch Frisbees, cats ‘chow, chow, chow, pigs fly, and 10,000 new doors open. Kind of makes you want a door to close, huh? – The Universe”
I’ll be delving more into these ideas, tips and tricks at the Retreat for Goddesses next weekend. I’m psyched to share such life-changing concepts with gutsy gals who are ready to enjoy the ride a whole lot more.
I’ve got one final question for you today. What do you really want? Share below. I’ll see you there. xoxo