To celebrate my 35th birthday back in May, I had my tarot cards read. The only other time I had my cards read was when I was 19 years old and in college. Both experiences were spectacular.
Have you ever had your cards read?
Well, if you are ever curious about the forces at play in your life and how to move to your next step and chapter, I highly recommend you do some work with an intuitive and psychic.
My card reader was Jennifer Currie, an amazing Southern gal I met up here in New England. Now realize that Jennifer did NOT grow up in a tarot card-reading family … not at all. She had to go against the grain to allow her gift to blossom. It wasn’t always easy. But I’m glad she took the risk because she’s spectacular. She’s also a spirit artist and will paint what she saw in your cards into your very own spirit portrait. AMAZING.
I felt such a connection to her that I invited her to share her gift at the Retreat for Goddesses later this month. Psyched for this!
Well, Jennifer shared some nuggets with me that can benefit YOU big-time, too. So I’m going to give you the top 10 a-ha’s so you can apply them to your life and biz path, too.
Ready? Let’s go.
How to Move to the Next Level in Your Life, Biz + Spirit
1. Break out of old mental tendencies: You know what I’m talking about here. That inner voice that tells you you’re not good enough, you’re not smart enough, you’re not pretty enough, you’ll never figure it out, blah, blah, blah. You’ve gotta reroute that faulty circuitry in that beautiful head of yours. Affirmations and mantras work really well here. So does hanging out with people who bring out the BEST in you and encourage you to RISE up. Quit crapping on yourself.
2. Sleep more: So many people sell themselves short here. Especially women who are building a business and mission while holding down some semblance of a life. I used to work myself to the bone and sacrifice sleep almost every night. With 2 kiddos to take care of in the morning, that didn’t work for me. I now go to bed by 11 p.m. most every night (earlier if I can swing it) and am up by 6 or 7 a.m. I prefer a 6 a.m. alarm because then I have an hour of ME time in the morning. Heaven. So, figure out your ideal sleep pattern and make it happen for yourself. Sleep is your BFF.
3. Slow and steady wins the race: No need to be a maniac overachiever racing to an imaginary finish line. The ONLY person you’re competing with is yourself. Seriously. This may be contrary to what you’ve been taught, but I’ve found it to be true. There is no “there” “there.” Realize you are already there … be happy now. Keep reaching for your dreams of course, but don’t kill yourself and lose your health and treasured relationships in the process.
4. Stay in your body: When things get a bit crazy (and they will) and you’re freaking out, come back into your body. Say this to yourself: “I am breathing in, I am breathing out.” Do a total body scan and know that you are safe and supported. It’s when we spiral out into space, that everything seems really crappy. It’s not. You can handle anything you’re given.
5. Walk in faith: Okay this is a biggie. Women deal with so much fear on a daily basis. My clients confess their fears to me. I hold them up to examine them with various questions: Are they real or are they imagined? What will be the worst thing that can happen here? How prepared are you? What contingency plans can we come up with? And then, I hold their hand as they walk through the panic point when they are stepping out and claiming their place in space … when they are saying YES to lighting the world on fire with their gift. I remind them of that thing George Michael sings about (do you love that song, too?): FAITH. Yup, you’ve gotta have faith.
6. What will make your journey more fun? Life and work isn’t supposed to be drudgery. Not at all. How can you make your time here more fun? Can you make your office more inspiring? Can you create a new offering for your clients that brings a smile to everyone’s face and boosts your sales? Can you develop a philanthropic element to your work? Can you be yourself in the way you communicate? Can you find someone to be your mentor? Seriously, shake it up and have some fun, girl.
7. Don’t take on emotional baggage of others: This is freakin’ huge – personally and professionally. If you’re a coach, a healer, a consultant, an artist and a spiritual entrepreneur, you are VERY susceptible to the energy of others. You’ve gotta be really mindful of what you take on in your work. It’s your job to hold that energy for your client, play with it, come to terms with it … and then be willing to release that energy back into the universe. Don’t hold onto it yourself. You’ll be weighed down and won’t be able to function in your own life and business.
8. Just because it’s not working on your timetable doesn’t mean it’s not working: Ya, we all want instant results. We live in a time of instant gratification. Technology has trained us to get things FAST. And some of this fastness is totally awesome. But you need to know that much of life doesn’t work like this. You’ve gotta be willing to plant seeds, water them, nurture them, have faith that there are forces at play that are much bigger than you, and then … see what sprouts. Not all seeds will grow into something sustainable. Some that grow will surprise you to no end. You’ll wonder where they came from. Well, they came from Spirit and Source … how willing are you to listen to the truth even when it’s uncomfortable?
9. Impatience and drive impedes your progress: Patience is a virtue. Plain and simple. Now, don’t mistake patience with laziness. Hope is not a strategy. You’ve gotta be willing to hustle, make the phone calls, set up meetings, plan your big event, launch your new program, close sales. But do NOT do this at the expense of your happy. Don’t fall into the trap of: “I’ll be happy when …” No, be happy now. If you aren’t willing to be happy now, I’ve got news for you: you WON’T be happy WHEN you land the new contract, score the new client, host your sold-out event. Because you’ll already be onto the next thing … chasing happiness and fulfillment. It’s a chase that has no end.
10. Your spirit is your fire. Don’t be a slave driver: Okay, this one really hit home for me. How about you? If you’re feeling run down, depleted, exhausted and overwhelmed (like the majority of the time), then you’re flame has gone out, girl. Look at your tendencies, the rules you’re living with, the stories you tell yourself about how you’re “supposed” to be. Change your rules now if they don’t work for you. Be a lot kinder to yourself. Stoke your inner fire. Say YES to self-care. Say yes to saying NO to people, places and things that drag your energy down and don’t allow you to do your big work in the world. You are your own boss. What kind of boss are you now? What kind of boss do you want to be?
****I want to hear from you. Which one of these tips will have the biggest impact on your life, biz + spirit? Share in the comments section below.****
AND stay tuned for an invitation to join me for a special backyard video party on July 25th. We’ll be joining forces to accelerate your journey to clarity, cash and confidence. I’ll see you there!