Can’t get through to the media? Does it seem like they just aren’t interested in telling your story?
On today’s episode of Get Gutsy, I’m excited to be talking with Amanda Berlin, who specializes in helping entrepreneurs with their media pitch.
Amanda shares her journey from an unsatisfying career in PR that compromised her values, to founding Pitch School, a company that allows her to use her pitch powers for good!
During this interview, learn why the media needs you just as much as you need them and her best tips & strategies for pitching your ideas and getting your message out to the world.
About Our Guest
After more than a decade in the New York City public relations world, Amanda Berlin now uses her pitch powers for good. She helps entrepreneurs pitch themselves to the media and get coverage that grows their businesses. Amanda believes that we all have something important we’re putting out there into the world and it’s our responsibility to raise our voices so the people who need us can find us.
Amanda is the creator of PITCH School and serves as mentor in the online course that teaches entrepreneurs how to become a publicist for their own brands, pitching interviews, guest posts and product placements.
She is also the host of The PITCH Podcast, where she strategizes with entrepreneurs on their next media pitch and speaks to journalists, news, and podcast producers on how to effectively pitch in their medium.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Empowering those who deserve to be heard!
- Find out how Amanda went from her unsatisfied career in PR to re-building her love for strategy and communications by empowering the right entities.
- Understanding that it takes time and effort to cultivate your skills and build up your business.
- The importance of finding forgiveness so you can move forward
- Learn how Pitch School got it’s start and is helping business owners tell their story to better connect with their audience.
- Amanda provides her BEST tips for pitching your ideas to the Media
- Why they need you as much as you need them… Take them off the pedestal!
- The importance of putting yourself out there, even if you’re not ready!
- Amanda shares her gutsy move to Spain and what it taught her about trusting her intuition.
Links You’ll Love:
P.S. Subscribe to the podcast + leave a review + rating to spread the GET GUTSY message far + wide. Means to world to me! We are all in this together.