My business and life are pretty, pretty cool. But only a few short years ago, I was dazed and confused. Yes, I was lost.
Although I had broken the magical 6-figure ceiling in my corporate job as a conference producer and was living it up in my kick-ass high-rise apartment overlooking the Hudson River in New York City with my husband, I was restless. Antsy. Unhappy. Stuck. Bored.
All the Coach bags in the world (I seriously had a fetish) and Happy Hours (I thought alcohol would make everything better) didn’t scratch the itch I felt for something MORE.
What that MORE was, I couldn’t quite put my finger on. So I kept doing what I had always done: worked harder and harder and harder until one day I felt like I couldn’t breathe anymore.
It was awful.
The moment it all came crashing down on me was my 30th birthday, when I was in Las Vegas on a business trip. There, as I was walking alone amongst the crowds and the lights on The Strip, a message hit me loud and clear: “What are you doing? Where are you going?”
I knew I wasn’t living the life I was supposed to be living and I couldn’t deny it any longer. I made a pact with myself to make a major career shift by the end of that year…
What did I do next? Decide to change it all by taking off on a month-long adventure through Asia with my hubby … and then undergo an intensive training to become a yoga teacher … all while continuing to hold down my full-time, all-consuming job and try to figure out what my true calling was.
Those experiences shook me to my core, changed me, spoke to me. I couldn’t go back to “old Jenny.”
I knew there was more to life than the way I was living. I wanted more freedom, more flexibility, more fun, more fabulousness. I wanted more space. I wanted to spread my wings.
So one cold November day back in 2007, I walked away from my old, comfortable, lucrative job … and set out on a path into the unknown. It was one of the scariest – yet liberating – days of my life.
I literally felt like I was weaning myself off of a drug. The drug of the conventional path, the drug of certainty, the drug of “this is how everyone else does it.”
It was this clear-cut DECISION that changed the course of my life forever. I didn’t realize it at the time, but I essentially gave myself permission to be ME and to share my message and my gift with the world in the most powerful, meaningful way possible.
In the time since my giant leap, my life has transformed in ways that sometimes even I can’t believe.
I’ve built a sustainable, thriving, online business with multiple streams of income serving and coaching amazing women from all over the world.
I’ve mentored with top coaches and guides in the fields of coaching, female entrepreneurship and online marketing who have taught me the secrets of their success and growth.
I’ve birthed two beautiful baby boys. Being a mother is humbling and hilarious.
My family relocated from the bright lights of New York City to our dream community in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
I’ve traveled the world.
I’ve created a schedule that allows me the flexibility to do amazing work AND be there for my husband and kids so we can spend quality time together doing things we love.
But, it didn’t look like this when I was getting started. It was dark, lonely, scary, confusing! My head would be spinning most days. I took a lot of wrong turns. I admit: I’d often quench my fears by reading job postings … thinking that maybe someone could just start telling me what to do again if I went back to working for someone else. But deep down, I knew that wasn’t my path …
And it’s likely not yours either if you have a message YOU want to share with the world. If you are a woman on a mission …
And if that’s you, I don’t want you to have to go through that MUCK I went through. It’s downright sucky and unnecessary. It’s a waste of your time, money and brilliance.
There’s no use in reinventing the wheel on your soulful business journey. I’ve done the heavy lifting for you. I’m here to lighten your load, take away the fear, and help you find and walk your true path in life (and have A LOT OF FUN doing it).
Ready? Take a look at these Frequently Asked Questions so you can get a feel for how we might be able to work together. My gift and privilege is serving super-cool gals like you to uncover, own and profit from your big gift in the world.
Want a more official look at my background? Click here for my biography.
How long have you been doing what you do and how did you get to be a coach and consultant to gutsy women-on-a-mission?
Well, I’ve been working in marketing and branding since I started my career in 1999. My first job out of the University of Florida was for top public relations agency Porter Novelli in New York City, developing global, strategic brand-building programs for blue-chip clients like Kellogg, M&Ms, Hershey, Polaroid and Pfizer.
I then changed careers to become a producer for the Institute for International Research (IIR), an elite, global conference organization, creating must-attend events for marketing, design and customer management executives. I was known for my ability to create profitable, branded events that generated $500,000 – $1 million+ in revenues and huge industry buzz.
I left Corporate America in late 2007 while completing a 200-hour yoga teacher training course and set out on my own to launch a coaching and consulting business that would wake women up to the power, purpose and profits that are waiting for them to be harnessed. I haven’t looked back.
I received my coaching certification from the esteemed Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) in 2008. Since then, I’ve coached hundreds of gutsy women to move to the next level in their business and life.
I’ve trained with the top female entrepreneur coaches and marketing mentors around.
Who are your clients exactly?
Oh, all types! Coaches, consultants, parenting experts, event planners, graphic designers, web developers, spirit artists, intuitive guides, therapists, accountants, teachers, software developers, network marketers, sales experts, you name it. Many are already business owners. Others are women in transition (typically, still in corporate) who want to blaze a new path forward.
Essentially, these are people just like you who are really good at what they do, but need help getting out there in a bigger way.
How are you different from other coaches?
Well, I only work with two types of women:
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs who want more leverage and scale in their business.
- Businesswomen who are in transition in their current jobs (typically, still in corporate) and want to become freedom-based entrepreneurs.
Because my focus is very narrow, what you get with me is a step-by-step process for uncovering, owning and profiting from your gift.
Plus, I’m actually a certified coach (many coaches are not). And I have a decade’s worth of corporate experience servicing and representing Fortune 500 brands. To top it all off, I’m a certified yoga teacher who brings a calm, yet Warrior-like, energy to my work with clients. And I’m a mom to 2 young boys. So, being really efficient with my time is key. I’ll teach you my tricks.
What type of personality do you work best with and what is expected of me?
High-energy, anything-is-possible women who DO the work I suggest. You will see results if you do the work. Period.
I expect my clients to be committed and courageous.
What type of person are your programs NOT for?
Please know I’m very selective in who I work with, choosing to only work with people where there is an energetic match. I’ve learned the hard way on this, and now know that this is the best route to take.
I’ll be straight with you: I choose not to work with whiners, chronic skeptics, flakes (gals who never do their assignments and miss their coaching sessions) or quitters. If you fall into one of these categories, I lovingly and respectfully ask that you refrain from signing up for my programs, and I hope you understand why. We most likely would not be a good match and I’d hate for you to waste your time or money. Cool?
Also, my programs are NOT for those women who have no money coming in and are totally worried about how they will pay their bills every month. If you fall within this category, it’s alright. Many women have experienced financial crisis in their lives. You’re not alone. Here are my suggestions for you:
- Get some money coming in with a full-time or part-time job at the very least, and then contact me. There’s no shame in going this route. Bring some stability into your financial life, then we can look at building your own business on the side once you have this peace of mind.
- Sign up for the free email tips to rock your life, business and spirit (at the top and bottom of this page). The free information will get you started towards your goals until you’re ready for deeper work with me.
- Make a point to listen and watch the free offerings I mention in my weekly ezine. I give away as much free stuff as I can. And it’s GOOD and valuable. Do the work and you’ll start shifting fast.
When you’re ready, contact me and we’ll get rocking.
Can I see what some of your former clients say it’s like to work with you?
Of course! Please go to the Success Stories page and read all of them. They are juicy!
Will I get a return on the investment I put into this coaching program?
As long as you are willing to do the work, then … YES, YES, YES. Know that this path takes time, commitment and courage. It’s not a “quick fix.” There will be ups and downs, and I will guide you through the journey.
Most likely, you will make 10 times what you invested in this program in the next 3 years (usually less). Most importantly, you’ll experience a deep transformation on a soul level. Your confidence will soar. You’ll peel away layers that you’ve outgrown. You’ll be more of who you are in all areas of your life.
Jenny, based on everything I’ve read and heard about you, I know you’re the one I want to learn from. What are my options for getting started with you?
Congratulations! I’m really proud of you for making a decision.
To get started with uncovering, owning and profiting from your gift, here are the different programs and products I’ve created for you:
- I highly recommend that you start with the Live Your Dream Challenge. It is a step-by-step program for giving you the mindset, moxie, momentum and messages to make the dream in your head a reality. You’ll learn how to define your dream, create a vision board, tap into your WHY, create your dream team, take action, leverage rituals, and eliminate tolerations that are holding you back. This popular program will be available for purchase soon.
- Another powerful place to begin is with the Journey Up the Chakras program. In this program I walk you through an ancient, powerful system of energy running through your body right now called the chakras. Each chakra connects to elements of your life and personality in ways that will blow your mind. And they build upon each other to create an energy flow that enables you to create a business of clarity, meaning, happiness and impact. http://jennyfenig.com/chakras/
- With your purchase of the Live Your Dream Challenge or the Journey Up the Chakras, you receive 2 free months of membership in the popular Soul Circle, which includes a monthly group coaching Q+A call to coincide with the New Moon (a powerful time for manifesting wishes) as well as a private member forum for making connections with like-minded women. Cool, right?
- If you want to work with me privately in a one-time strategy session for your business, the best place to start is the Quick Start Strategy Session. Here, I will give you answers, guidance and resources to move forward, fast. http://jennyfenig.com/quick-start/
- Once you’ve worked through these offerings, go to the next level by attending the deeply transformative and restorative Retreat for Goddesses. There, in one of the most powerful and healing retreat centers in the world, you will pow-wow with amazing women to shed layers you’ve outgrown, walk through your fears, and recommit to your freedom-based path. http://retreatforgoddesses.com
- I invite those who want ongoing private coaching and group training to apply for the Gutsy Goddess Society Immersion Program, a 9-month adventure to light the world on fire with your gift. This program creates the most results BY FAR, as you have me on your team to work directly with you on YOUR business and your spirit-led path. Spots are filled by application. http://IAmGutsy.com
- Go-getters who want to move extraordinarily fast in building their profitable path can also contact me to apply for a VIP Strategy Day, just you and me, in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. If you’re accepted into this opportunity, we’ll spend a whole day together (or by Skype) strategizing ways to create more programs, products and packages, more ways to build your brand and message, and more ways to leverage your expertise and technology. You’ll also see how I run MY business so you can model what feels good to you. This opportunity is available by application only. To hear more details and send in your application for my review, email us here.
Alright, I know which program I want. How do I get started?
Fantastic! I just love women know how to make decisions (so many don’t!). Here’s what you do now: just click on the appropriate page links above to get started.
If you have a question, email my team at email@example.com we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have. Our business hours are Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST. We read every single message that comes in and aim to respond to emails within 48 business hours.
Psyched to support you!
If I’m not sure I’m ready to get started, how can I sample your work to see if it’s right for me?
Cool! Subscribe to “Luminous Life,” my weekly email newsletter. It will give you the tips, insights and inspiration to uncover, own and profit from your gift in the world. Subscribe at the bottom of this page and ENJOY.
Thank you to the many teachers, family, friends, clients and students who have supported me on my journey. To have such amazing people in my life is a priceless gift.