Do you ever struggle with a never-ending to-do list?
You know the drill, you look at it and your eyes start glazing over because you know you’ll never get done EVERYTHING you want to get done … and you honestly don’t know where to start.
So often you just start with the “easy” task that can be done in 5 minutes, but actually takes much longer, then your phone rings, the email abyss begins, Facebook is blowing up and before you know it, the end of your workday is here and you STILL didn’t get to the important projects that will actually grow your business vs keep it stagnant.
You feel disappointed and in are in no mood to exercise like you said you would.
Then you wake up tomorrow and the next day and the next day and it just continues.
You’re caught in an unhealthy cycle that can derail your business, family and happiness.
You know why?
You have NO SYSTEMS, STRUCTURE or SCHEDULE.
Continuing this is a one-way ticket to Burnoutville.
Well, if you’re ready to forge a new path, I have an amazing TOOL and TIPS to share with you.
I’m going to share the “My Weekly Schedule” tool I use in my business. Here’s a copy of my schedule if you want to check it out.
The PINK shaded sections are when I’m working ON my business. The ORANGE is when I’m working IN my business. And the YELLOW is when I’m spending time on NON-business related experiences.
Now, when I’m traveling or on vacation or hosting events, this obviously shifts. But this is a nice view of a TYPICAL week for me.
Then read my tips below and fill out your schedule TODAY.
TIPS FOR GETTING MASSIVE STUFF DONE IN YOUR BIZ (AND HAVING PLENTY OF TIME FOR YOUR LIFE)
- Chunk your time: To maximize your time, allow yourself to get in a state of FLOW in your work. You can do this through chunking. Work with all of your clients on certain days and times of the week (not all days). You need to reserve some days for marketing, business development and big-picture thinking. And sacred self-care and time spent NOT WORKING has to be the foundation that keeps your life rocking along. I cannot stress enough how important this is.
- On, In, Non: Working ON your business (FOCUS time) is when you’re taking that 10,000 foot view and looking at strategies, systems and business development that will allow you to grow in the long-term. Masterminding and working with your coach goes in this category. Working IN your business (FLEX time) is when you’re in the details of your business. You’re working with clients and customers and handling those day-to-day tasks that make you money in the short-term. NON-business related work (OPEN / FREE time) is just that: non-work stuff! Think family adventures, exercise, vacation, volunteer work, date night with your partner, a girls’ weekend with your BFFs, sacred self-care.
- 2 versions? Some of my clients like to create two versions of the schedule. One for what their schedule looks like NOW. And another for what they WANT their schedule to look like not too far in the future. I love this concept. It’s kinda like a vision board for your calendar.
- Be mindful: Create your schedule consciously and with your values and mission always at the forefront.
- Discipline overrules distractions: When you’re in full-on focus mode, you need to tune OUT distractions like phone calls, emails, social media and interruptions. This means you have to say “not now” to some peeps who just won’t get it and want to take your time. Building a biz requires a lot of your energy and you must get comfortable with being the CEO of your business. Always ask yourself, am I treating my business like a business or like an expensive hobby?
- Sacred self-care is where it’s at! You MUST, MUST, MUST prioritize sacred self-care if you want to grow a sustainable business that can go the distance with you. The more I invest in sacred self-care, the more money I earn and the more fun I have. Does it get any better?!